Green

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Freezer Paper T-shirt Tutorial




I got the inspiration of this rock star tee design from my friend Mel- Thanks Mel! :)

Supplies: T-shirt, fabric paint, paint brush, freezer paper, printer, exacto knife and cutting mat, iron/ironing board



Directions:

1). I did my design on powerpoint, then printed it out on the matte side of the freezer paper. (I bought a pack of 30 sheets on ebay-instead of buying the roll at the grocery).

2). I used my cutting mat and exacto knife (both bought from walmart) to cut out the shapes/design.

3). I made sure my shirt was flat and ironed it to position all pieces of the freezer paper then carefully placed the iron on top in sections-dont move the iron around, just lay it on top.


4). Then, you're ready to paint! I did pull off the freezer paper off the shirt right after I painted...and bought the wrong kind of paint so it gave a bled effect. Trial and error, right? :)

No comments: