Green

Monday, March 14, 2011

Trader Joe's

I love going to Trader Joe's!  I go typically 4 times a year, maybe more.  I think of Trader Joe's as a special treat for us, and have made some favorite meals utilizing their products.  Im really hoping a Trader Joe's would open closer to us, soon!
Below, I will list our favorite products and a favorite meal I make with a Trader Joe's favorite.  Note, I do not buy every single one of these items every time I go, just a few as a treat for us :)

Frozen section:
naan (garlic or plain), Indian frozen entrees, mini crab cakes, chocolate filled croissants, jasmine rice

Refrigerated Section:
marscapone cheese, creme fraiche, fresh mozzarella, proscuitto, fresh pizza dough, hummus, fresh bruschetta, fresh salsa, layer dip

Pantry:
lemon curd, cranberry apple butter, pumpkin butter, dried mango, dried pineapple chips, maple leaf cookies, stroopwafels, huge chocolate bar with almonds, pirate's booty, beer bread mix, roasted red pepper soup

And, although we hardly buy it (like ever)- their wine section is decent and cheap!
Here is their website, and on occasion they will post a flyer of new and on sale items:


Our Favorite, Quick and Easy Chicken Bruschetta

1 container of TJ's fresh bruschetta
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Balsamic vinegar
Sugar
Angle hair pasta (cooked and drained)
If desired:  Fresh basil (chiffonade), Grated Parmesean

Pour 1 1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan, bring to a boil.  Add 2 tablespoons (or more) and continue cooking until sauce becomes thick and reduced.  Set aside.

Grill chicken breasts until done (I season mine with garlic seasoning I got from Sam's club).
Slice each chicken breast on a diagonal.

Place cooked angel hair pasta on plate, spoon fresh bruschetta on top (as much as desired), place grilled chicken on top, then drizzle balsamic reduction on top.  I like to put most of the balsamic drizzle around the edge of the plate and on the angel hair.  Serve with garlic ciabatta bread.

I will post a pic of the completed dish next time I make this.  It's so quick and easy, especially for the spring and summer!  

No comments: